Will the balloons go up?
What time do the balloons take off?
We hope to see you soon, but please know that the balloons will only fly in wind less than 10 mph. At times they will fill the balloons, but not take flight. It's tough to predict Kansas weather! We have several activities to keep you entertained!
Depending on the weather, balloons will attempt to go up at the Anthony Airfield (west of town) at 6:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday and at 6:00 PM Saturday. Friday evening features a lovely balloon "glow" at 7:30 PM.
Where can I stay?
We recommend staying at Penn Place in Anthony. They have a special festival deal. Call them at 620-842-3484. There are 2 hotels in Harper, KS, just north of Anthony, as well. Our local hotel is going through renovations.
Campsites are also available at our wonderful Anthony Lake
What else is there to do?
So glad you asked!! We have several activities and attractions to complete your trip to our lovely, small Kansas town.
- 7:30 PM - Special shape balloons will fly or glow along with all the other balloons at the Anthony Airport
- Kite Festival Preview
- 6:30 - 7:30 AM - Balloon flight window
- Cinnamon Roll Fundraiser - Anthony Theatre
- Sidewalk Chalk, Face-painting and Children's Art Activities!! - Wayne Dennis Memorial Area
- 10:00 AM - Muddy Water Obstacle Course at the Anthony Lake! You can pay at registration.
- Anthony Historic Museum will be open 10:00 - 12:00, 1:00 - 4:00 - FREE
- 11:00 - 4:00 - F-4 Flight Simulator
- 2:00 PM - Sunflower Balloon Fest Parade in Downtown Anthony
- 6:00 - 7:00 PM - Balloon flight window
- Food Vendors will be downtown Anthony ALL DAY!
- Kite Festival and Powered Parachutes at the Anthony Airport all day.
- Mobile Vet Center in downtown Anthony all day
- Food and Craft Vendors in downtown Anthony all day
- Shop our local downtown stores!
- 6:00 - 7:00 AM - Balloon flight window
- Anthony Lake with water activities, walking track, camping and more!
- 9 hole golf course at the Anthony Lake
- Frisbee golf at the Anthony Lake
- Gun Club and Bow Hunting Range at the Anthony Lake
- Historic Harper County Courthouse in Anthony
- Tennis courts
- Anthony Historic Museum
What is the cost?
No ticket needed - the event is FREE! We have WONDERFUL sponsors (thank you!) and since we can't guarantee that the balloons will go up, this one's on us!
Are there balloon rides available?
First come, first serve. Be there at 6:00 AM Saturday, 4:00 PM Saturday, 6:00 AM Sunday.
What about COVID protocols?
We highly encourage participants observe distancing and handwashing protocols. Those who are unvaccinated are encouraged to mask at all times.
Where can we find the activities?
Signs will be posted for directions to the airport.